Thursday 29 May 2014

The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)The Dex-Files by Karina Halle

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Oh shit. That was fucking immense.


I was head over heels in love with her. No that didn't describe it. I was tear my fucking heart out and throw it at her, beg her to take it into hers.


The Dex-Files is a collection of scenes from the first five books of the series Experiment in terror from Dex's POV. With the books being from Perrys POV this book gives you Dex's side of the story, all them times in the books when you were just dying to know what he was thinking? Well here's the gateway to Dex's side of things and i gotta say it blew my fucking mind. I actually thrived off this book, it just blew this series into a whole new world.

She was mine. For the sake of appearances, she was my wife, but she was mine anyway, She didn't know it yet, but i did. It was wrong and it made no sense, but she belonged with me. No one else, not anyone else.


I thought the narrative coming from Perry's POV was just the ultimate high of awesomeness and couldn't be beaten, well that was until i read Dex's POV fucking ahh-mayy-zingg! It's witty, crazy, sarcastic, its like Perry but just amplified. I ate this up in one sitting i couldn't get enough. I just read the EIT series so far in these past two weeks, the whole time wondering what was going through Dex's head, it was driving me insane! Now i know? Gotta say it did not disappoint, not one bit.


"Just pretend you're in Disneyland," I told her.
She managed to snort and look scared at the same time."Yeah, a Disneyland where Ariel walks around topless."
"Hey, either way it smells like fish." I smiled.
She gave me a disgusted look."You can be really gross sometimes."
I took that as a compliment it meant i was getting under her skin.


Dex was just as crazy about Perry as she was for him, just when i thought i couldn't love these two any more, they suck you in catch you in their trap and make you love them a whole helluva lot more. Knowing his thoughts and feelings well i felt like my heart might burst. Dex Foray is most defiantly my number one book boyfriend. He's a one in his own, so unlike any other hero in books. His love for Perry is positively swoonworthy.

I was terrified and Perry was sleeping away, looking peaceful. Well, not if i could help it. I wasn't going to go through this all alone. If i had to suffer she had to too. And yes, if you look up "chickenshit" in the dictionary, my picture's there too.


This book had me laughing, it had my crying, it had my heart aching like it was being clenched in a fist and my stomach feeling like it was going to drop out. This book is more just so people know what Dex was thinking and feeling towards Perry in the moments when we needed to know the most, it shone the light on the other side of the story. Showing and giving you all the reasons for Dex's actions be they bad or good. It sucked me deeper into their relationship, so deep i feel like a part of it.


I was just so tired of wanting something i absolutely knew i could never have.


For anyone who has read the EIT series, NEED to read this. like right now. It fills in the blank spots and gives you what you need to understand Dex. So basically what iv'e been trying to say is that it's fucking amazing and you all just need to read this book no scratch that you need to read this series right fucking now.

"Do you love me?"
Please say yes.
Oh fuck, say yes Perry.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment